Table of Contents
Microneedling for anti-aging
TRUST YOUR SKIN TO THE EXPERTS…
At Keller Aesthetic Specialists, we provide a number of skin treatments, such as microneedling for Atlanta patients. Multiple factors such as stress, eating habits, sun damage, and the wear of time, affect our skin’s health and beauty. Microneedling is a treatment that creates thousands of micro-channels in the skin with varying depths.
What are the Benefits of MicroNeedling?
- Promotes the healthy growth of collagen and elastin through the natural repairing mechanisms of the skin, responsible for younger, more beautiful, healthier skin.
- Supports the transport of active ingredients to the deepest layers of the skin, thus enhancing the treatment effectiveness.
- Improves communication between skin cells. These cells send out signals that help maintain barrier function, pigmentation, and collagen and elastin development.
Q. What are the benefits of Microneedling?
- Boosts collagen production by tricking your skin into repair mode, producing a release of growth factors.
- Heals scars by producing collagen while breaking up scar tissues beneath the skin, making it a very useful treatment for post-trauma scarring, acne scarring, as well as post-surgical scars.
- Enhances better penetration of skincare
Q. What Happens During a Microneedling Treatment?
A. Micro-needling typically takes around a half-hour to complete. At the start of the treatment session, it will be necessary for the targeted region to be cleansed of products like makeup and sunscreen. To numb the region to any discomfort, a topical anesthetic may be administered, though it is usually not required. The micro-needling device will then be moved over the area in multiple directions. Because micro-needling involves such tiny needles, bleeding does not occur during the procedure, and the skin does not experience any sort of real trauma/damage. The length of the needles in the device will be adjusted depending on the area requiring treatment. Deeper needling creates more effective results. However, when the regions around the lips and eyes and on the forehead are being treated, the length of the needles is much shorter, since these areas can be particularly sensitive.
Q. Does the size of the needle matter?
A. Yes. Professional devices have the ability to achieve up to 2.5 mm depths, where at-home devices cannot achieve this depth level. Depths 1.5 mm and deeper allow for collagen regrowth as well as the ability to treat surgical scarring, acne scarring, and keloid scarring. It will be necessary to undergo around four treatment sessions before deeper micro-needling can be performed since the skin must get used to the process first.
Q. How many treatments will I need and how long do treatments last?
A. Micro-needling treatments are performed every four to six weeks for a series of four to six treatment sessions depending on your needs. Your clinician will determine the number of treatment sessions and frequency needed to achieve the best micro-needling results for you.
Q. How Much Does Microneedling Cost?
A. Generally, microneedling cost depends on the number of treatments you will need and the practice you choose for your treatment sessions. Microneedling sessions at Keller Aesthetic Specials cost $300+. If the price is an issue, we offer financing help through United Medical Credit.
CONTACT US TO SET UP YOUR NICRONEEDLING CONSULTATION
Schedule your consultation for micro-needling in Atlanta – contact Keller Aesthetic Specialists and set up your appointment. During your consultation with experienced board-certified medical esthetician and cosmetic laser practitioner Travis Keller, you will be able to ask questions and bring up any concerns you may have.
Fill out the form below and one our our team members will get back to you shortly!
* Indicates Required Field
"*" indicates required fields